Mobile Home Insurance
Just because you don’t own a typical home doesn’t mean it can’t be covered!
Mobile home insurance is similar to homeowners insurance except that it’s specific to your unique type of housing. There are two main types of mobile homes:
- Modular homes- these types of mobile homes are built in a factory then placed in a specific location. They can also be put on permanent foundations or on a basement or crawlspace. They may have several levels and are built using higher quality materials.
- Manufactured homes- these are on a movable chassis and have one level only. They are transported on wheels and are typically less expensive than site-built homes, as they use less expensive construction components.
Mobile home insurance is just as important to have as homeowners insurance. No matter what type of home or mobile home you have, disaster can strike, so it’s important to be insured so you aren’t left paying out of pocket for emergency or unforeseen circumstances. Different type of mobile home insurance plans include:
- Dwelling: if your mobile home is affected by a covered peril such as a fire or vandalism, this type of insurance will cover the cost of fixing whatever is stolen or broken.
- Belongings: if any of your personal property is stolen or damaged, you will be covered up to a specific amount.
- Liability: accidents happen. If you or anyone else in your household causes injury to someone else or to their property, the costs of repair or treatment will be covered up until the limits on your property.
- Loss of use: if something happens where you can’t live in your mobile home for a certain amount of time, such as a flood or bug infestation, this coverage type will cover the costs of living somewhere else.
To make sure your mobile home is sufficiently covered by insurance, it might be a good idea to produce a room-by-room inventory to create a rough estimation of the value of everything you own. You want to make sure that you can protect and replace your mobile home and its possessions if need be, so we suggest not cutting corners when trying to evaluate how much your mobile home is worth.
No two policies are exactly alike. Each person and their situation is unique with different valuables they want to protect and with different priorities. There are many factors that affect the price of your policy, including the location of your mobile home, the size, the value of your personal property, how old the home is, your credit score and history, and more.
If you own a mobile home or are in the process of buying one, we encourage you to reach out sooner rather than later for mobile home insurance. We are proud to work with any and all clients, regardless of factors such as past credit score. For low cost home insurance for your mobile home in Chicago, call us today.