While motorcycle riding can be a fun hobby, it’s also important to realize that it can be a dangerous one. That’s why protecting both you and your bike is the first step to being a safe motorcycle rider. Some types of motorcycles and motorcycle-like vehicles we cover include ATVs, custom bikes, dirt bikes, scooters, mopeds, vintage bikes, and more.
We offer a multitude of policies and coverage options so that you always feel safe and protected while on your vehicle. Some of these policies include:
- Injury liability coverage: if you are at fault for another individual’s death or injury, this will cover any costs or lost wages.
- Property damage: this covers damage and costs if you cover someone else’s property or vehicle.
- Medical expenses: if you or one of your passengers are injured and need medical attention or treatment, this policy will have you covered.
- Collision: in the event of a crash, no matter what it’s with – another vehicle, building, tree, etc – this policy will cover the expenses
- Comprehensive coverage: this policy will cover the damage caused to your motorcycle from a situation other than a collision; this can include situations such as a flood, fire, or theft.
- Towing and labor: if your motorcycle breaks down or you get into an accident or it for some reason needs to get towed, this coverage will reimburse you for the towing charges, as they can get rather expensive.
We are also proud to offer SR-22 insurance for your motorcycle. SR-22 insurance is for drivers with a less-than-supreme driving history; either if they have a DWI or DUI, have ridden without insurance, or have other past reckless driving violations. We would be glad to work with you to determine if SR-22 insurance is right for you and your motorcycle.
The essential difference between motorcycle and personal auto insurance is that some of our motorcycle policies include coverage for any guests riding with you. While not required, we encourage you to consider this option, especially if you frequently ride with others. If you get into some sort of accident or dangerous situation while riding your vehicle, you want to make sure everyone on your motorcycle is safe and protected.
Motorcycle insurance is critical not only for peace of mind and to ensure you can afford the bills if accidents happen, but because it’s required legally. As a motorcyclist in Illinois, one is required to hold insurance policies cover at least the following minimum amounts for crashes:
- $25,000 for death or injury of an individual in an accident
- $50,000 for death or injury of more than one individual in an accident
- $20,000 for property damage in an accident
While different policy levels come with different coverage liability limits and options, these are just the minimum numbers legally required. The higher the liability limit of your plan, the more you can be sure that the costs and bills of a motorcycle-related accident will be covered.
Before you can hit the road or trails on your motorcycle this summer, make sure you’re insured with a trusted, comprehensive policy from Atlantic Insurance. We’ll work with you and your specific needs to make sure your motorcycle insurance is the right policy and coverage for you. For inexpensive auto insurance for your motorcycle vehicle, call today!