If you own a tow truck business and drive around cars all day, is pertinent for you to have tow truck business insurance in case of any accidents or costly situations. Some businesses that may need tow truck insurance include:
- Roadside assistant company
- Auto body shop
- Auto mechanical repair
- Full-service stations
- Auction hauler
- Rotational towing
Depending on what kind of tow trucking insurance you opt for, your plan can cover a multitude of situations under various types of coverage. Some of these include:
- Garagekeepers Legal Liability Insurance: this protects your client’s vehicles from fire, theft, vandalism, or collision when they’re on your property. In Illinois, the minimum limit of insurance for tow trucks for this type of insurance is $25,000.
- On-hook Towing Insurance: protects your client’s vehicles while they’re being towed on your truck. With this type of insurance, if their vehicle is damaged by collision, fire, theft, explosion, or vandalism while you’re towing it, you will be covered. In Illinois, the minimum limit of insurance for tow trucks for this type of insurance is $25,000.
- Liability insurance: with this common coverage option, any bodily injury or property damage done to a third party will be covered.
- Comprehensive and collision insurance: this is full coverage tow truck insurance.
While we will do our absolute best at getting you the best possible rate for your tow trucking insurance plan, there are several factors that affect your insurance premium, other than simply your state and territory. Some of these include:
- Type of truck you have: the more costly and higher valued your truck is, the higher the collision and comprehensive coverage will cost
- Type of work you do: if your trucking company specializes in high-risk situations such as repossession, your premium will be higher
- The driver: if your tow truck drivers are within a certain age range, have a good driving record, and a certain amount of experience driving trucks, your premium will likely be lower. At Atlantic Insurance Agency, we are open to protecting any driver, regardless of their past driving record or history.
Having a tow truck company comes with a lot of risks, as handling other people’s cars comes with a lot of responsibility. If something or someone is damaged in the line of business, you don’t want to be left paying out-of-pocket for the damage. At Atlantic Insurance Agency, we can get your tow trucking business the right insurance plan at an affordable cost. If you’re in the market for tow truck insurance in Chicago or anywhere else in Illinois, contact us today to find out how we can help.